Demo Day Finalist: Forest Hero
Forest Hero by Emma F.
Emma designed and developed this game at the Girls Make Games 2-week summer camp. She’s a finalist for GMG’s National Demo Day competition where the grand prize winners earn prizes sponsored by Nintendo of America! To learn more, visit www.girlsmakegames.com
The Forest Hero is the only one who can save the Wikanogwa tribe and its village from a fire. They must dodge the evil creatures and fire and stop by some huts in the forest village to collect gems. The gems are keys to get into the house in the center of the village which has the button to extinguish the fire.
To enter full screen, click the expand icon on the bottom right
- Arrow keys to move and jump.
- To complete the mission in go to each hut (see brown door) in counterclockwise order, starting with the bottom left hut.
- Then go to the hut on the bottom right, top right, and top left.
- After collecting all gems, enter the hut in the center.
- Click the "Go back outside" button when inside a hut to return.
- Run into gems to collect them.
The Forest Hero was assigned to the Wikanogwa tribe to save them from any disasters. This time, it is a fire, and the Hero is the only one who save them all from destruction.
I thought of Ewoks and if the Australian Wildfires happened on Endor they would all die. I also thought of the Forest Temple version of Fireboy and Watergirl.